Building the future
1971 was a very important year for Gonher de Mexico since it began its first plant line up, starting this way a new stage of growth. This 65,000 feet plant was constructed in Santa Catarina, Nuevo Leon. The most important plant of Latin America was finished in November 1973.
60 years of experience
In 1953, Gonher de Mexico started activities as a small factory in an area of just 100 square meters, manufacturing four types of automotive oil filters, used in automobiles and agricultural tractors. Six years later, the company acquired new machines and the business was transferred to an area of 1,500 square meters. In just a short time after that, growth in the business required a move again to a facility of 3,000 square meters, incorporating the first production laboratory to ensure constant quality and performance.
At the time that the manufacturing was automated with continuous production lines and processes, the company achieved its independency to produce all of the key components of its filters. Today, Gonher has the highest technology to offer a wide range of products with the maximum quality available.
1950 - 1960
- Foundation of Gonher with production of automotive oil filters.
- Construction of the new plant of 1,500 square meters.
- Installation of the first production laboratory.
1960 - 1970
- Manufacturing of automotive air filters are added to the filter portfolio.
- Production of high performance filters for fuel and air applications to complete the line.
- Inauguration of integrated branches in strategic delivery points.
1970 - 1980
- GONHER expanded to operating 18 branches.
- A new production plant of 6,000 square meters in Santa Catarina, Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
- Modernization of the plant by the installation of automatic stamping machines.
1980 - 1990
- GONHER expanded to operating 22 branches.
- Self manufacturing of all the metallic components.
- Expansion to 30,000 square meters of production area.
- Active growth and participation in the international market.
1990 - 2000
- GONHER expanded to operating 30 branches.
- Implementation of the automated line for sealed filters.
- Product diversification and entering new markets.
- Certification of International Quality Standards QS-9000/ISO-9002.
With 60 years in the market, Gonher has grown from a local player to a global company in the industry. We have the people, the culture, the products and the opportunities to continue on our path of responsible growth.
- GONHER expanded to operating 34 branches.